Friday, February 26, 2010

Best of NYFW: Wedding edition

New York Fashion Week fall 2010 ended a couple of weeks ago. I followed the shows closely, as I always do, but this season I paid attention to looks that could double as bridal outfits or wedding attendee clothes. Here is a round-up of my favorites.

Rachel Roy


This Rachel Roy dress is absolutely divine. It would be such an ethereal and chic wedding dress. I am obsessed with the gently cinched waist. Strapless wedding dresses are so ubiquitous that I fear they are quickly becoming passé but I still love them, I can’t help it. This dress is especially perfect.

Erin Fetherston


This Erin Fetherston dress is so pretty. I love the mod, 60s feel. I think it would make a gorgeous wedding dress for a slightly offbeat bride. I would like to see it for a day wedding. I think a short wedding dress can be so fresh and unexpected; I wish more brides would take the risk and go short. This ban.do headband would be perf with the dress.

Lela Rose


I was so happy to see that one-shouldered dresses are still going to be in for the fall. I have about ten of them, so it was good news for me! I think most brides would shy away from a one-shouldered wedding dress since it’s so trendy and rightfully so, you don’t want your wedding photos looking extremely dated in six years. That said, your rehearsal dinner is a great place to have some fun and go a little trendier. This beautiful, romantic Lela Rose dress would be lovely for the bride’s rehearsal look. I think the gold mini-sash really completes the look.

Tracy Reese


Tracy Reese is one of my favorite designers and I almost keeled over when I saw this dress. I adore the styling: the absurdly girly dress, the sexy lace tights, and the tough boots = perfection. This dress could absolutely double as an amazing maid of honor dress. The ballerina-inspired poufy tulle skirt makes me happy just looking at it. Trust me: your maid of honor will thank you if you put her in this.

Alice + Olivia


This dress is so adorable! Wouldn’t bridesmaids look so darling in this strapless, tiered, bubble-skirted number? It’s Alice + Olivia and you can never go wrong with Stacey Bendet's quirky sensibility.

Diane von Furstenberg


Finally this last look would be beautiful for a wedding guest. I like the strong but poufy shoulders and the deep V neckline. Of course Diane von Furstenberg is the wrap dress queen so I think that detail makes the dress even more special.

Thoughts? Would you wear any of these pieces to a wedding? Hope you like the picks!

all images from style.com

4 comments:

  1. love the rachel roy and the black DVF. could totally see you in the tracy reese :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE the Lela Rose. I think it's a great shape for a bridesmaid dress. And since I generally adore all things Alice + Olivia, that dress is also fab.

    I have to say though that I am SO over strapless wedding dresses. Seriously, when will that trend stop? The Rachel Roy is gorgeous but I would add beaded straps or maybe a vintage lace shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Lela Rose is the most wearable, it's sooo pretty. I love strapless wedding dresses :(

    ReplyDelete