Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Catering Ideas

I have been spending a lot of weekends at the Brooklyn Flea lately (I'm writing a piece about the food vendors there). After sampling too many of the treats and interviewing several vendors, it occurred to me that several of the dessert products would be wonderful edible wedding favors.

My favorite are Nunu Chocolates:

The husband-and-wife owners, Andy Laird and Justine Pringle make super delicious organic chocolates. Their best-selling salt caramel choc is pictured. In addition to vending at the weekend flea market, they recently opened their own store, a coffee shop-wine bar hybrid in Boerum Hill which is cozy and cute. You can order or find out more here.


I also think the mini cupcakes from Kumquat Cupcakery would be super delish favors. Owner Keavy Landreth comes up with all kinds of unique flavors like Peanut Butter Banana Honey, Coffee Caramel Bourbon (pictured above), and for the adventurous couple, Maple Bacon. Yes with real bacon, see photo below!

Kumquat's mini cupcakes are $15 for a dozen here.

Wouldn't these tasty gourmet treats be so much fun than a knickknack favor? Would you ever have edible favors at your reception?

4 comments:

  1. The chocolates look fantastic! Yum. I had edible favors at our wedding. Personally, I appreciate them more than getting another knick knack that I can never find room for and that I end up throwing away (and feeling horribly guilty about it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that they'll be wonderful wedding favors. I don't know about other people, but I'd definitely appreciate these edible treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you present the food is one of the most important thing in catering business. Anyway,thanks foe sharing your catering ideas so informative.

    zonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try this idea on my catering business. This is new and I am sure my customers will enjoy this kind of service.

    ReplyDelete