Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bridesmaid Beauty

I recently posted a bridal beauty look featuring new trends from New York Fashion Week Fall 2010 RTW, I had a lot of fun putting together that post so I decided to do two more fashion week-inspired beauty looks. This one is a bridesmaid look and tomorrow I’ll post a wedding attendee look.

The first look is a very intense, messy eye on Siri Tollerod at Zac Posen.

This is obviously a very strong look for a wedding party member but I love dramatic eyes, so I think that a toned down version could actually be beautiful for a bridesmaid.

To get this look, use Stila Smudge Pot in Black Cat and Grey ($20 each, sephora.com). I like this product because it works as both a gel liner and an eye shadow. For a less rock n roll version I would apply the grey in the inner corners of your eye and the black just on the outer third of your eye. Lots of black mascara will finish this look, try Dior DiorShow Iconic Mascara in Noir ($27, sephora.com).

Since the eyes are such a bold look, the rest of the makeup should be kept light and natural. I liked the makeup at Thakoon because it just looked like a pretty flush.

To achieve a similar color, try Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in 3 ($46, sephora.com).

Finally for hair, I LOVE the look on Magdalena Frackowiak at Ralph Lauren.


Magdalena was the first model that I ever interviewed backstage at Fashion Week back in 2008. This is a super simple, relaxed look. To get it apply serum to damp hair, try John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra- Strength Formula Hair Serum ($9, walmart.com). After blow-drying hair, add gentle waves using a wide-barrel curling iron, like the T3 Twirl ($119, sephora.com).

What do you think of the look? Any fall makeup trends that you are excited about?

all images from style.com

4 comments:

  1. i like magdalena's look. also, i'm glad that j. crew decided to use her instead of erin wasson for the latest catalog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Siri's look (slightly toned down) could even work on a bride if she were having a glamorous evening reception and wearing a non-princessy, non-cupcakey dress. Not that there's anything wrong with wearing a princessy, cupcakey wedding dress. If you can't by a cupcake princess at your wedding, when else will you get the chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HJ: Yeah, I don't like Erin that much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEL: Agreed on Siri's look and definitely agreed on the princess dress.

    ReplyDelete